Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30 June 2003 (Personal Data Protection Code) provides for the protection of individuals and other subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Under this Regulation, data shall be processed according to the principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency and protect the confidentiality of the data and the rights of the data subject. Therefore, pursuant to Article 13 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, we hereby supply you with the following information:
1. The personal data supplied to the above Company, also orally during the course of business contacts, pre-contract negotiations or in the performance of a contract, shall be processed by collecting and recording the data as well as the organisation, preservation, processing, alteration, selection, extraction, collation, use and interconnection of the data and any other appropriate operation for the purposes of:
2. the Company’s fulfilment of its legal obligations with regard to accounting, tax and contributions and the fulfilment of all other legal requirements;
3. The acquisition of information with a view to entering into a contract;
4. the performance of contracts concluded with the Company;
5. As regards data relating to the performance of business activities, for marketing information, sending advertising or direct sales material or for the purposes of market research or interactive marketing communication;
6. For management purposes (production or logistics), statistics (analysis and planning), accounting, financial and insurance purposes and debt protection;
7. The development of commercial and industrial relations.
8. The supply of said data is optional;
9. A refusal by the data subject to supply this information may prejudice the performance of the agreement within whose scope the data is requested or hinder the Company in the fulfilment of its obligations;
10. This data may be communicated to other companies within the FIAT Group and/or other subjects operating, on behalf of IVECO S.p.A. and within the terms of specific contractual restrictions, in EU member states or to members of the IVECO distribution network, for processing exclusively for the purposes outlined in point a) above and may be disseminated, limited to information relating to name, address, telephone/fax numbers, type of business, for marketing promotion purposes only;
11. Processing may be carried out manually or electronically.
12. The Data Controller is: IVECO S.p.A. The data processors are: An updated list of protempore persons in charge of data processing as outlined in point a) above is available from IVECO S.p.A. – Legal Affairs, Via Puglia 35, 10156 Turin, Italy.
You may exercise your rights with the Data Controller pursuant to Article 7 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 which, for your convenience, is made available here in its entirety:
Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, Article 7 – “Right of access to personal information and other rights”
1. The data subject has the right to receive confirmation of the existence or non-existence of personal information about him/her, even if this data has not yet been recorded, and for this data to be communicated to him/her in an intelligible form.
2. The data subject also has the right to be informed of:
a) the origin of the personal data;
b) the purposes and methods of the data processing;
c) the programme used in the event of the data being processed using electronic means; d) details identifying the Data Controller, the data processors and the appointed representative pursuant to Article 5, paragraph 2 ;
e) the subjects or categories of subjects to whom personal information may be disclosed or who may gain knowledge thereof in their capacity as appointed representatives for the country, data processors or officers.
3. The data subject has the right to receive:
a) an update, rectification or, if he or she requests it, an addition to the personal data;
b) the cancellation or change to anonymous status or a block on the data processed in breach of the law, including personal data that is not required to be stored for the purposes for which the data was initially collected or subsequently processed;
c) a declaration that the operations specified under letters a) and b) have been notified, including their contents, to the persons to whom personal data was disclosed or disseminated, except where this is impossible or implies the use of means that are clearly disproportionate to rights being protected.
4. The data subject has the right to object to, totally or in part:
a) the processing of his/her personal data for legitimate reasons, even if this data is relevant for the purpose for which the data was collected;
b) the processing of personal data relating to him/her for the purpose of sending advertising material or for direct sales, or for carrying out market research or marketing communications.